13 November 2012

A Cooking Lesson




Oh three. Dear sweet,loveable, exasperating, utterly intoxicating three. A question: Wanna make muffins ya think? Without waiting for response, chubby hands pull out mixing bowls and spoons with a crash and clatter. The cinnamon is swiftly and somewhat clumsily sprinkled over a just cleaned countertop. Out come the measuring spoons and spatulas, onto the floor they go. You wanna help me Mom? Remember we always cook together Mom? Yes,I remember well. Sunlight slanted on flour dusted floors. A chattering little boy swathed in a green apron four sizes too big. Can I just take lick of that ya think? Mmm that is really good. We made something good. Right Mom? Yes Will, we made something really good.





My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.
-- Mark Twain

No comments: