01 May 2011

Boy















My boy is a seeker. He wants attention, affection and he wants to know why.


Why don't the clouds fall out of the sky?


How far away is the center of the earth?


When I grow up can I be Superman?

Why do I have to go to the doctor?


Will we go on vacation/move to a new house/visit the bookstore/have a race before I get shots? (A question he asks several times every day). His life is lived in the period B.S. (before shots), they are his constant dread..



He is sympathetic and warm one moment, the next he is bold and fearless and rough, wanting space, showing his burgeoning independence.

Every day I watch him dream and run and learn and grow and I cannot help but be thankful for the gift to know and encourage and laugh with and love this little boy so soon to be a man....

No comments: