30 July 2008

My Not So Secret Admirer



I have an admirer. I was not too surprised when I noticed him following me. Often. Sometimes into very uncomfortable situations. Like the shower. Everytime we are in the same room together he cannot resist grabbing my face in his hands and kissing me forehead to chin.Pretty much all of his down time is spent following,or looking for me.

But to be completely honest, sometimes I find myself walking just a little faster and attempting to duck into the bathroom for just a moment's peace.Is that wrong? Any attempt along those lines is met by heartbreaking sobs and a rush to grab at me with chubby hands. How could I not want to hold and cuddle and kiss this adorable little 2 and a half footer all day long? But once I do hold him he is squirming to get down but then does not want to be put down. So if he doesn't want up or down, how do I meet that demand? Suspend in midair? How does that work?

I try to tell myself that someday I will long for him to want me this much. But will I? And the bigger question is, How long until he stops wanting me this much? From what I hear through the mommy grapevine it could be some time. And I do not hasten that day. Just somedays I need a little breather. And let's face it, even secret admirers need a day off. Don't they Adam?

1 comment:

Deanna @ oneagleswings said...

I must say, he is the cutest little admirer that I have seen in a while.

I don't think that it's wrong to need a moment's peace. That's why my children get to watch a t.v. show every morning. I try to make sure that for every moment's peace, they get some mommy love and attention.

I do try to remind myself that their hearts will not belong to me forever. James Dobson has said that he would give anything in the world for one more day with the little people that grew up so quickly in their house.

Oh, and I totally get the "pick me up, put me down" routine. They don't want either and cry no matter what you do. Go figure. :)

I love the picture of the two of you.