07 July 2008

How Can I Let Go


Remembering Jace Campbell (2007-2008)



How can I let go of your little hand
And watch you slip away

How do I contain the memories
that unheeded fill my days

How can I go on and face each day
without your little smile

How can I forget that I held you my dear
even for such a short while

How can I erase the moments,the milestones
we watched you achieve

How can it be that just yesterday
you were here, so hard to believe

To say goodbye to you dear boy
Is almost more than we can take

Till we remember that Jesus is there
and with Him that first step you'll take

So we'll say goodbye for now little man
And let you fly away

Knowing that the time is brief
Till we're with you again someday

Stay close to Him, hold His hand
And listen to His stories, His songs

For we know He has been singing to you
all your whole life long.

Let Him sing to you of the wonder you are
of your purpose and then listen close

And He'll tell you the beautiful story
of the family he placed you in
Of Mommy and Daddy and Courtlynn

Stay close little one to our Jesus
Hold tightly to His strong hand

Hold on till we get there to hug you close
And we will walk with you soon.

No comments: