07 February 2009

Parties and Partings


After a flurry of trips and travels we landed back home for a few days. We had a Superbowl, or
as Natalie and Adam called it, "Football Party!", and an early Valentine's party complete with
heart shaped pancakes, personal mailboxes complete with treats and more than a little dancing
and giggling.
Then it was back to business and unfortunately sometimes, the busyness of life. Then Tim
headed out for a short cycle of trainings which will hopefully give me a taste of what the Big D
(deployment to Iraq) will be like. Although it was hard to swallow at first I find each time he
heads out we are able to live joyfully, sleep peacefully and play earnestly. We talk of Daddy
often, and though it seems hardest on Natalie she knows very clearly that he is telling other
soldiers about Jesus. They seem proud of him in their own little way, looking up at each plane in
the sky and thinking Daddy is on it...
Of course sometimes on a tough day or in the quiet of night we ask ourselves and God if this life
with its rigors and separations is best for them. I know for certain I can manage the three
squares a day, a bath and bedtime with no problem, but what about making sure they are
thriving? I used to be afraid to sit with questions, with being not absolutely certain, I wanted to
be able to say definitely for sure I knew...But then there was no room for the vital faith to teach
me to trust...
So yes, we have a lot of questions, but we also have one Great Answer. I like to think that all of
life with its twists and turns and decisions big and small is pretty much a question, but at the end
of the road and the end of each day one thing is for sure. He's here.

2 comments:

Deanna @ oneagleswings said...

Great to hear from you! I was wondering where you've been. :) I hope you are well.

When is Tim looking at a deployment and will you be staying where you are when he goes?

Thanks for the honest post. What hard questions. You do your part, Tim will do his and the Lord can truly make up the rest. You are right, this is where vital faith comes in.

I love that they think Tim is on every airplane. I love the innocence of children.

Keep in touch!

Tim and Sarah said...

Hey Dea,

Tim is deploying June 6 for Iraq. We will be staying put here, we have a great church home and friends and a happy life and good memories here. This is home. Thanks for the encouragement. Hope Caleb recovers quickly