12 September 2008

Max and Ruby



I have always loved celebrations. Birthdays especially. In the past I have made a concerted effort to decorate and plan for cakes and decorations and unique gifts. This year our little Natalie turns 3 and I'm pulling out all the stops. One of Natalie and Adam's favorite shows is one about two bunnies named Max and Ruby. Ruby is the quintessential older sister following goofy bumbling baby brother Max through messy and silly escapades. Exactly like the interactions between our two little munchkins. Maybe that's why they love the show so much. Adam dances in circles saying "Mac" (his pronunciation of Max) in a singsong voice and Natalie clasps her hands and smiles as though enraptured when she hears the familiar strains of the 40's-esque theme song.
How blessed I am to have a creative, fun loving, hardworking partner in Tim. I make all the big plans and find myself unable to put foundations under these "castles in the air" without his help. And so we are planning like school kids, whispering and hiding presents and printing off decoration ideas. I am quite convinced this whole shebang is more fun for the two of us than for Natalie herself!

So I have some grand plans. We'll see how it all turns out and if our little Max and Ruby have as much fun partying as we've had planning...

No comments: