04 November 2011

Having Cake







It was a big bright beautiful day. Our little boy, our deployment baby, the little one who rocked contentedly in his swing and gurgled at me while I did the dishes and stayed up late nights doing laundry, who snuggled sweetly on our shoulders and helped the long year apart pass that much faster...The flying little feet that rush to the front door to greet Daddy each afternoon, the chubby hands that always reach for mine "C'mon Mom..come see..come with me Mom." The great solemn brown eyes that regard us seriously as we dole out a discipline or share a word of caution..the sweet smile that fills my heart with warmth each time I glimpse it.. the chirping voice we hear singing in his crib each night, "Always, always, I'll follow Him always.." or singing the weekly Bible verse "God loves a happy giver (or in his pronunciation, "gibber")...His never failing "Kiss me mama, one more kiss and hug.." as I leave his room each nap and bedtime..

Pure joy. Absolute sweetness. Wouldn't trade this, trade him for anything...It is worth it all. The struggle, the exhaustion, the sleeplessness, the worry. What a treasure you are our boy. Happy 2nd Birthday Will!

No comments: