31 January 2011

Missing Piece


Oh I'm lookin' for my missin' piece


I'm lookin' for my missin' piece


Hi-dee-ho Here I go


Lookin' for my missin' piece


Many mornings I find myself rolling around like the circle in Shel Silverstein's book, looking for the 'missin' piece'. All the little fragments of to-dos and must calls and little people to be cared for and listened to and disciplined and cuddled converge into one big circle missing the important, grounded portion of peace to make it all run smoothly. Run on sentence it may be but some days that's what it all feels like. Even being a servant of God feels like more work because that pretty much makes up my job description these days..servant of all.


But then I remember. He has called us friends. Real friends are hard to come by. Especially those to trust a confidence to, to find the laugh in the midst of the struggle, to open your crazy mixed up world to and believe that they will find the good in it all. But He is mine. And I am his. Friends. J loves S. Like a heart etched on a big old tree.


And when that hits me I stop rolling around. Looking. My missin' piece or peace has been found. No need to look any further. Hi-dee-ho

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so true. The more time we focus on our relationship with God thru Jesus, even in the midst of the many everyday activities, the more peace we experience while doing them. Maybe that is why the Bible calls it the peace that passes understanding, because I sure can't figure it out. Lots of love, Dad