16 December 2009

My Vacuum and Me




As a mother of three under the age of five I am becoming more and more thankful for the little things in life. Take the humble vacuum cleaner..

Skimming effortlessly across the floor as I juggle a newborn in one arm, a 2 year old straddling my foot and a 4 year old tugging at my belt loop crying for yet another snack, the vacuum accomplishes its mission, taking no prisoners, putting the dust in its place.

But it gets better. Not only does it manage the carpet, leaving smooth even rows and crisp lines as a visible marker that I HAVE CLEANED! No no, it does one better than that,now my vacuum takes a few detours through the dining room and kitchen and even the entryway. Aha! What a load lifting discovery. No more frustrating incidents sweeping the same spot over and over to get that last layer of dust. After sweeping with the broom I send my motoring friend to finish the job. Simple enough that I should have tried it years ago.
The poor broom will be whimpering in the closet for a little more responsibility and I will be spending less time frowning at the errant crumbs and more time wrestling crib sheets onto mattresses that are way too big for them, , or scraping the inevitable residue around my stove burners, , or attempting to locate the sippy cup my little guy disappeared down the hall with how long ago? (Guess all that's fodder for my next post maybe)......Here's to the continuation of a beautiful friendship.

No comments: